The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God's infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians.
- WE BELIEVE that there is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- WE BELIEVE the Bible, God's holy Word, is our foundation and standard for living; it is authoritative as the rule of faith.
- WE BELIEVE that Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam's transgression and fall, sin came into the world.
- WE BELIEVE that the only mediator between God and humankind is Christ Jesus our Lord, God's eternal son, who, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience. By his death in our stead, he revealed the divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having redeemed us from sin, the third day he rose bodily from the grave, victorious over death and the powers of darkness. He ascended into heaven where, at God's right hand, he intercedes for his people and rules as Lord over all.
- WE BELIEVE that salvation comes through faith in Jesus Christ alone, and that it is a gift of grace, not earned by works.
- WE BELIEVE in the Holy Spirit, God dwelling in every believer and in the church.
- WE BELIEVE worship of God is fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives and the fruit of His Spirit (Acts 17:11) as evidence that we have truly been worshiping Him.
- WE BELIEVE in living by The Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-39) and in fulfilling The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
- WE BELIEVE in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission